Saturday 17 April 2010

Spring has Sprung

"Spring has sprung, the grass's ris,
I poned the daisies with the lawnmower."

Welcome to spring, the antidote to winter and the precursor to a long summer - volcanoes permitting. You know, I never thought I'd say "it'll be a good summer apart from the volcanoes" but you can get all sorts from Iceland these days.

Having mowed the lawn in a half-arsed kind of a way and cleaned the BBQ with my whole arse I'm left wondering what the coming months will bring. I've got a bunch of new stuff to review - more coffee blogging and Valve are about to release the Engineer update for TF2. I've put in seventy-somthing engineer hours in TF2 and I'm going to notice the difference if I keep playing the game.

And there is some politics thing going on. Like the homeless people of our country and the American electorate will the Brits vote for change or will we be in the Brown for another term?
Has labour become too laborious and will the rising liberals reach the political radar?

Technology is moving on with and without me, I've got that missing RAM to buy and am still running two fileservers in tandem because I havn't migrated my data ... yet. There is a nagging SSD to buy and my CPU cooler makes more noise than... well than I want it to. I've

I've joined the eBay community - to the shock an horror of some philosophies and the "why did it take so long?" of others.. To summerise, I like to munt. Munt being the verb form of munter, in this context it means I like to buy shit I don't need. Tyler Durden would reprimand me, but at least I'm not working I job I hate for the privilege. In fact, I'm working a job I love. FYI Google "Ninja Theory"

So what am I reviewing today? I'm reviewing spring. Blossoms in the trees, sun in the sky and a layer of ash grounding all flights. What's not to love? Like many of us, I'm pretty much solar powered so when the dark days of winter decline the spring sun turns me into a regular Duracell bunny. We've had the first BBQ of the season and are planting the garden.

With all this life-affirmation and potential, spring definitely gets a 2\sqrt{2}-over-pi out of one.









No comments:

Post a Comment